Missing a single tooth or few? or just wanting that denture stabilised?
Mini implant offers patients an alternative to the more invasive placement of dental implants. (See the history of Mini Implants)
The Mini-implant procedure is usually a quick and easy one-appointment procedure. The miniature implants mimic your natural tooth root and can be used to stablise a removable denture or as a foundation for a fixed crown. Mini implant surgery is minimally invasive, performed in our office usually under a local anesthesia, and requires no stitches or long healing times. Denture wearers can still wear their denture after the procedure while they wait for implant healing. The implants are placed in the jawbone with the head protruding above the gum-line and provide a solid foundation.
The advantages of mini dental implants include:
- A Mini Implant is around 50% of the cost of a Conventional Implant. To replace multiple missing teeth the cost per tooth can be further reduced.
- Mini implants are typically inserted directly through the gum tissue and into the underlying bone. There is no need to make a surgical incision into the gum, resulting in much less post surgery discomfort.
- Mini implants can be placed with less available bone. We can place Mini implants without a bone graft most of the time, even if you have been told you need one.
- Mini implants are not only constructed of titanium like conventional implants, but a blend of other metals, resulting in one of the strongest materials available. Mini implants are noticeably smaller than conventional dental implants.
- Lower jaw denture stabilisation implants cost approx $6,000 (plus new denture or denture modification)
- Upper jaw denture stabilisation implants cost approx $9,000 (plus new denture or denture modification)
- Excellent success rates